s7 400 what communication cable to use?

andreas557

Hi..I'm a newbie in the automation world...right now I am trying to communicate with my s7-400 with a USB/PPI multi master cable.. But i can't communicate my s7-400 to my PC.. i have a simatic manager software installed in my pc.. I tried to set the PG/PC interface but still, no luck...

Am I using the wrong cable? could someone help me? thank you in advance..^^

S7-400 doesn't support PPI.
It's MPI for the first time, then either MPI or Profibus, depending on how the port is configured.
Another way would be ethernet, but that's depending on the setup.

Similar Topics

Hello gents, Is the communication cable for the Lenze 8400 a USB to RS485? And if so can I use the Schneider one? Thanks Kal
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, One of our machine we use Siemens Cpu315-2dp. And this cpu communicate with 4 Lenze servo drives series 9300 via profibus. Also...
Replies
Views
Hello, iam a newbie in wincc operations. But I am a hard/soft engineer. In my father'r company, they have used a wincc based project to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm working on a project in which I need to communicate a Micrologix 1400 series C to a Zebra printer ZD230t through Ethernet/IP. Is there...
Replies
Views
Good day, everyone, We're trying to establish an S7 connection on ethernet between an S7-400 CPU and a new S7-1200 CPU (which is defined as slave...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom