RSView ME Accessing UDT in Clogix 5k

jimdi4

Anyone know how to access the UDT tags in Clogic 5000? I am putting together a validation MMI for a Clogix 5000 application and it has many User Defined tags that I need to animate in RsView ME Studio 5.00.00 (CPR9).

I can see the online tags but not the UDT's...Any ideas?👨🏻‍🏫

That is a new one, have not seen that problem before. You should be able to see the UDTs. Sounds like you may need look for any patches related to the version you are using. I am currently on V5.1. See the attached picture.

Darren

RSViewME_UDT.jpg

Anyone know how to access the UDT tags in Clogic 5000? I am putting together a validation MMI for a Clogix 5000 application and it has many User Defined tags that I need to animate in RsView ME Studio 5.00.00 (CPR9).

I can see the online tags but not the UDT's...Any ideas?👨🏻‍🏫

I've seen that before,where sometimes even just created BOOLs and don't show up in the Online Tag Browser. Even doing a Refresh All Folders did not help. Had to reboot PC.

Warning be aware of communication performance see CLxPerf.htm on the RSlinx CD for lots more details

Like most systems the better the structure of the data in the PLC the faster the communications.

I've seen that before,where sometimes even just created BOOLs and don't show up in the Online Tag Browser. Even doing a Refresh All Folders did not help. Had to reboot PC.

This may help from knowledge base article "36270 - RSView Machine Edition HMI/Direct Reference Tag Best Practices."
Offline tag browsing requires the RSLinx Enterprise Offline shortcut to be re-browsed
RSView ME caches the offline tags once
Any changes in the offline file will not be visible by simply “Refreshing All Folders”​

Dolt - curlyandshemp said online! this is offline - oh well

Last edited: