Allen Bradley Servo Motors MPL

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
I want to use an Allen Bradley Servo Motor to move a Lever back and forth.
[0°] >>> [ 90°] >>> [ 70°] >>> [ 90°] >>> [0°]

I haven’t purchased the Motor or the drive.
The Motor that I am looking at is MPL-A310F-HJ72AA
The Drive is 2098-DSD-010

I Downloaded the Ultraware Software from this page to try and familiarize myself.
On Page 1-29 of the Software instructions (2098-UM001F-EN-) it shows Presets with Positions, but that option is not available when I open the software.
All that I see is Velocities and Currents.
Do I need a different Motor?
My plan is to use the Preset Position, but I didn’t see the option in the Software.
Please tell me how horribly I have gone wrong. Thanks
attachment.php
attachment.php

1-29.jpg PresetMode.jpg

I want to use an Allen Bradley Servo Motor to move a Lever back and forth.
[0°] >>> [ 90°] >>> [ 70°] >>> [ 90°] >>> [0°]

I haven’t purchased the Motor or the drive.
The Motor that I am looking at is MPL-A310F-HJ72AA
The Drive is 2098-DSD-010

I believe you need to add X to you drive part number to get one with preset position capability.

Try inserting a 2098-DSD-010X and see what you get.

EDIT: Then you may want to figure out your scaling from motor encoder pulses to degree angles so that your index positions can be done with units of degrees instead of raw counts.

Last edited: