RS view ME

PSpal

In RS View ME operator interface ,the operator will enter a 8 digit no(like 25687583) which has to be transffered to PLC(5/40e)
in #N70(n70;0 to n70:7).. how the same can be done?

Try to explain this a different way. Your first post was hard to understand. Do you want to move this entered number into a range of addresses?

yes. I want to transfer the digits to the range of address .

For example if the operator entered the no-34567890(through the touch screen in panel view plus terminal) then "3" should be transfered to n70:0, "4" to n70:1 etc.

what now I have done is by using "numeric input cursor point" for EACH DIGIT , the pop up screen is open & that write to the corresponding address. but it is too much difficult from operation point of view . I need the system to enter all 8 digit at a time & by means to transfer the same to the group of addresses.

hope it is clear now...

the max value that can be written in one address is "32767" not a 8 digit no,..thats the problem.

One Brute force Method

1) Set up a HMI Memory Tag BigINT
2) Have the numeric entry change BigINT
3) Create a Macro that Writes to the 8 values that you need
Address0(N70:0) = BigINT % 10 //The tens
Address1(N70:1) = (BigINT % 100)/10 - 0.5 // the 100's
Etc
The reason for the 0.5 is to remove Rounding when writing to a integer tag (If RSView rounds which I think it does)

Add a button on the Screen that Calls the Macro to set the PLC values

I'm sure that someone will come up with a better solution

Micheal I tried you theory but had no luck.
Found this in ME help files.
Modulus(MOD or %)
returns the remainder of one number divided by another.
For example, the remainder of 13 divided by 5 is 3;so 13 % 5 = 3

Last edited:
Works

Still believe that there is a better solution
Tested with RSview ME Version 5, Clx emulator using SLC/PLC5 mapping

Still needed 2 step process for screen
number entry
Macro button press
I used the following macro

Macro.png

The Macro file is zipped below

Cool, I did not use the extra division before - 0.5 maybe that was it.
I used Factory Talk Veiw ME vers. 5.0 and compact logix PLC. Had fun trying yesterday at work. NO Calls so helped past the time. Downloaded your code and will try again.

I did it with logic in plc by Dividing 8 digits by 10000000 and Multiply results(N7:7) by 10000000 and subtracting that from 8 digits to get 7 digits and then repeat until done, but that was in Compact Logix PLC. Have not tried in PLC5. But that requires only one entry.

Last edited:
Thanks to both of u.. But still waiting for a easy option!!
@Cwal61- u make it in logic but that will not be possible in PLC5.

Macro Modification

I have attached I modified version of MichaelG's idea. This modification will allow zero in any location of 8 digit number. No need for rounding offset that caused zero entry errors. Still needs 2 entry step but you can mask 2nd step. If you make entry window a pop-up screen and install macro on Display Setting of window under behavior tab to run on shutdown of window. I also have attached excel sheet that performs same function. MichaelG has the best idea to accomplish this task I just spent more time perfecting it.

How about using string function in 5/40E.

Example: Operator enter string ST10:0 as 12345678

Use String Extract (AEX) to extract ST10:0 into ST10:1 to ST10:9

then use String to Integer (ACI) to convery ST10:1, etc to N7:0...