Measurement 0-110V and 0-5A ?

luisade101

Hi there,

Anybody know how to convert the 0-110V and 0-5A signals into the PLC analog input 4-20 mA?

The above signals are coming from some electrical switch gear and my analog input range is only 4-20 mA?

Anybody knows what products i can use to convert the above signals for the PLC?

The 0-5 amp signal is probably from a current transducer whose output is probably AC, not DC. 4-20mA is a DC signal, not AC.

If that's the case, you'll need a 0-5A AC to 4-20mA DC converter.

Sometimes it's cheaper just to buy the clamp-on current(amp) transmitter whose output is already 4-20ma.

For the 110Vac signal, there are voltage transmitters whose output is 4-20mA.

Phoenix Contact is one vendor, there are dozens of others.

Hi Luisade101,
Danw is correct in that we have products that can assist you with your signal management, but if you had any trouble finding what you’re looking for, these product pages should give you what you need for your application.
To go from 0-5A to 4-20mA, you will want a signal transducer found here
http://www.phoenixcon.com/catalog/2810612
And to change 0-110V to 4-20mA you will need a voltage measuring transducer on this page
http://www.phoenixcon.com/catalog/2811103
We hope that these products will help you in your solution search.