Cannot initialize SST Pfb3 vme card

Adrian Rios

We have moved (or forced to move) from a Vme 7700 single board computer (SBC) to a Vme 7768 single board computer, and our Pfb3 vme card cannot be initialized on that new platform. We map two memory regions, one for the short IO address and another for the standard vme address, the first one seems working good (a device is detected on that address) but the other memory mapped region shows something like garbage and some data as the Profibus card ID, Module Id and Module Version do not correspond. We use QNX Neutrino 6.4.1 with C++ and the new 7768 SBC is Celeron® M‐based. Here are some other features of the sbc:
• Up to 2.0 GByte DDR2 SDRAM (One SODIMM)
• SVGA port (front I/O)
• Dual Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) (front I/O)
• One RS232/422 COM port (front I/O)
• One RS232/422 COM support (rear I/O)
• Two USB 2.0 ports (front I/O)
• Four USB 2.0 support (rear I/O)
• Supports two SATA connections (rear I/O)
• One 2.5‐in. SATA hard drive (optional for V7769 only)
• Dual SAS connector (front I/O on V7769 only)
• Real‐Time clock/calendar
• Front panel reset switch
• PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse connection (front I/O)
• Onboard parallel connector

Our working Vme7700 sbc features:
• Intel Ultra Low Voltage Celeron Processor at 400 MHz or 650 MHz
• Up to 512 Mb SDRAM
• Up to 1 GB CompactFlash
• One PMC expansion site
• 100 MHz system bus
• Dual Ethernet controllers supporting 10BaseT and 100BaseTX
• Remote Ethernet Booting
• Two high performance 16550-compatible serial ports
• Two USB ports
• Mouse, Keyboard, and SVGA routed to front panel

We also use the vme universe driver vmisft-7435-2.1 for both platforms.
I also have tried compiling the vme_universe driver as debug and executing it, it shows some traces but its not enough, it does not show anything wrong.

:unsure: Does someone has any idea of whats happening in here, or at least how to face this issue? Does it seem like a pfb card initialization problem or vme_universe problem? :unsure:

Thanks in advance.

Adrian.