1746-BTM fault

boyd_man

Could I get some one to look at me logic and explain to me what I have wrong.
I’m installing two 1746-BTM cards one is (SER.A, FRN.1) the other is (SER.A FRN. 1.1
PLC Fault
Indirect address file number reference doesn't match the file type of the prefex.
Rung #6 File#3

In LAD 3 Rung 1, there is a MOV instruction for the Slot Number of the First BTM. In your program it is set to 2, but it should be a 5. Also, in the same rung, you need to change the number of BTMs in the system to 2

AB have sample logic pre-done and tested on their www site for the BTM modules and multiples in a rack

I think that FRN 1.? had a problem and when released AB issued new F/W eproms to update the modules, beware though if they send you a series B FW 2 eprom it will fault a series A module

Check with your local AB about this as i may have the FW 1.? and seris wrong but it looks familiar and was quite a few years ago now that i came across this!

N7:14 currently has a value of 12 in it. There is not a N12 data file. How large can N7:14 get? You will have to have data files created to match this.

e.g. N12 data file with at least 193 elements.

Last edited: