Rs232c Port & Modem In Ab Plc

pcontrol

WE R CURRENTLY CONFIGURING ONE AB MICROLOGIX SYSTEM.

CUSTOMER WANTS FOLLOWING REMOTE COMMUNICATION PORTS:-

1. RS232C
2. MODEM
3. PRINTER PORT VIA MMI 9 PANEL VIEW)
CONFIGURATION-1
WHAT WE UNDERSTAND THAT IN MICROLOGIX 1500LRP RS232C IS AVAILABLE.
ON THIS MODEM CAN BE HOOKED UP .( AB MODEM). HOWEVER IN THIS CASE
RS232C TO CUSTOMER WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE.(9300-RADKIT). MMI IN THIS
CASE PANEL VIEW CONNECTED WITH PLC.
CONFIGURATION-2
IF WE GET SEPERATE NETAIC MODULE TWO PORTS ARE AVAILABLE, HOWEVER
IN THAT CASE MMI TOBE CONNECTED WITH NET AIC. RS232C & MMI WILL NOT WORK SIMULTANEOUSLY IN THIS CASE.MODEM CONNECTED WITH PLC DIRECTLY.

A) IN CASE OF CONFIGURATION-1 WHAT IS THE MODEM THAT CAN BE HOOKED UP WITH MICROLOGIX MOST COST EFFECTIVE WAY.(RS232C NOT REQD.)
B) HOW RS232C & MODEM GIVEN SIMULTENEOUSLY? ANY SYSTEM POSSIBLE TO GIVE SIMULTENEOUS MODEM,RS232C, MMIC CONNECTION?

Man, all those caps sure makes it hard to read. I noticed your
icon22.gif
in the subject line and tried singing it, but nothing rhymes... :D

I think you're forgetting that the on-board port (Port 1) on the Micrologix can be used for purposes other than programming. The LRP gives you an ADDITIONAL serial port. Therefore you have 2. You can connect the HMI to port 1, and the modem to port 2.

beerchug

-Eric