GE FANUC 90-30 troubleshooting

m_faraz

I need little help to troubleshoot fanuc plc 90-30 without using software.

How to check that program is still saved in plc?
Check input module of plc? (Analog and digital)
Pls refer a circuit (4-20ma) to check analog input ?
If a faulty module is replaced by same model it will work or need to be address in program?

And also if the unit has "kicked" run mode then you might not be able to truely troubleshoot the inputs and outputs... maybe some Vets have some pointers?

input module

i have tried to check the digital input of the plc by providing 24v to its input terminals.by doing so only 3 led turn on where as other 13 remains off. does this mean that leds have fault or the module??

so this is a 24vdc input module? when you bypassed(for lack of a better word) the actual input the corresponding input light came on? what is the part number of the input card?

plc detail

Need more detail to know how to answer.

Model IC693CPU323 (10-slot) Embedded CPU Baseplate.

Ic693ALG442 (Input/output Analog current/voltage)
Ic693ALG392 (Output High density Analog current/voltage)
Ic693MDL940 (Output relay 16 PT)
Ic693MDL645 (24vdc POS/NEG logic)

Last edited:
so this is a 24vdc input module? when you bypassed(for lack of a better word) the actual input the corresponding input light came on? what is the part number of the input card?

only three of the led turn on.the digital input module is Ic693MDL645 (24vdc POS/NEG logic)

The failure of an individual LED to light may or may not indicate a faulty circuit on the MDL645 module. Since you said you touched +24v to the individual terminals, I'm going to assume you have the negative side of the DC supply connected to terminal 1. That makes it a sinking input which must be connected to a sourcing device. The +24v supply qualifies as a sourcing device.

If there are no connections to any of the I1 - I16 terminals, then touching +24v to them should light the LED. If it fails to light, then that input point is probably bad. The LEDs are on the field wiring side of the module, so failure to light means no current flow.

If there are field devices connected to the I1 - I16 terminals, it gets a little more complicated. It's possible that the +24v can backfeed to ground through the field device. If the 24 volt supply can't handle the current draw its voltage will drop and you won't see the LED light up. On the circuits that don't light the LEDs, check the +24v level with a meter while you touch it to the terminal. If you can maintain +24v then you can draw the same conclusion as when you touch +24v to an unconnected terminal. Either that or disconnect the field wire when you touch the +24v to the terminal.

You should also check the integrity of the connection at terminal 1. If the negative side of the DC supply is not actually connected to it, then you might possibly see some LEDs light and others not. It's also possible that in touching +24 to some of the input terminals you move the wire to terminal 1 and disconnect it.

Model IC693CPU323 (10-slot) Embedded CPU Baseplate.

Ic693ALG442 (Input/output Analog current/voltage)
Ic693ALG392 (Output High density Analog current/voltage)
Ic693MDL940 (Output relay 16 PT)
Ic693MDL645 (24vdc POS/NEG logic)

This is more detail, however I cannot see what you are doing or read your mind (yet).
What is your question.

troubleshooting plc without software

This is more detail, however I cannot see what you are doing or read your mind (yet).
What is your question.

We have a machine which have GE fanuc plc.The plc is not running.The run light of the plc is off Where as pwr and ok lights are on.I want to know how to troubleshoot it but i didnt have programing software.
I want to check individual module of the input and output are in working condition.
Cpu is working or not?
Program erased from the memory or not?