SLC 5/05 peer to peer

smiller

I am trying to set up ethernet peer to peer comms between two 5/05's.
I have set up the MSG block and the bit is toggling in the source PLC like I want it to. The bit that I want to toggle in the target PLC is not getting the data. I am set up to write N7:50 to B3:0 in the target. I have the target IP address box filled out and its set to remote. What step am I missing? I just want to tranfer a discrete pulse to trip a substation breaker at another site.

Thanks

Smiller

the best thing is to post your code (at least MSG instruction).
you can check crossref for the target address to make sure
nothing else is using (overwriting) it.
Now one question:
You have two PLCs and you want to copy N7:50 to B3:0.
That's fine but why don't you setup same address on
both sides?

I've never tried to do what amounts to a remote Ethernet connection out of an Allen-Bradley product. I've only made local connections.
I don't think the local/remote thing applies to Ethernet communuication. As I remember that is a DH+ thing. You could probably reach a remote plc if it had an IP address in the normal full access range (not an address in one of the three reserved private internet groups) and you had a valid gateway address entered in your channel 1 configuration.
Are you trying to make the remote connection right now or are you testing in house? If you are testing in-house and your two plcs are on the same ethernet segment make sure they share the same subnet mask and the same network prefix as determined by the subnet mask. Outside of that I have not had any problems connecting locally.
Do you know what you are getting for an error code? This might go a long way toward pointing you in the right direction.

Keith