Step 7 closing a parallel branch in Ladder

stevelawson

Hi Guys.
Hit a little problem today trying to add a Contact on a Branch in parallel with the rest of the Network.
It is just the One Contact in Parallel with several other Lines, to force an Output.
The problem I'm experiencing is this. I open the Branch and add several contacts to get me to where I want the Branch to end. When I try to close this Branch nothing happens! Its as if the close Branch Tool isn't available.
My plan is this, if I can get the Branch closed, I will then delete the 4 or 5 extra Contacts that aren't required. This is my default way of getting the cursor to where I want the Branch to end because I don't know the proper way.
Any help on either of these problems would be very much appreciated.
I know this is hardly going to tax you Boffins, but spare a thought for us simpletons.

Bing.

I used to use a tag called "dummy" for this sort of thing where I wanted to put several parallel operations in the same network for readability but could not close the rung due to the aforementioned irritating compiler setting. The dummy tag should never read (utility only), and the comment should say "do not use" or similar.

Binaural. Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I do not understand what you are saying. Do you know what the problem is, and can you explain how I can close my Branch?
Many thanks.

BING.

Click the mouse on the end of the new contact and drag the cursor to the point where you wish to teminate the parallel branch:

drag.JPG

Or...click on the point where you wish to terminate the rung and then press the Close branch (F9) button.

drag1.JPG

Thanks for the tips Simon, I will give them a try in the Morning. I haven't tried the dragging method, but have tried the close Branch method, but not from the 1 contact I require, like in your Screen Shot. I have been adding multiple Contacts up to the point where I wish to close the Branch. I don't know if that would make any difference but will give it a try. I will post back tomorrow with the results.

Best regards.

Steve.

Or you could:
View > View in STL > Just prior to the output you write "O xxx.x"
Then View > View in LAD.

Hello again Folks.
Simon, I tried both of your options, but to no avail. The only way I could make my changes was to do it in STL has Jeebs suggested. I did try this Yesterday, but the Code just doesn't convert back to Ladder. There must be some silly rule that I'm overlooking. Anyway, logically it works just fine.
If anyone does know why it won't convert please Post.
I'm not in Work now until Tuesday. Banking Hours! The Factory has no Work.

Many thanks for the help. Its good to talk.

Steve.

Hello again Peter.
Unfortunately, I'm at home now and won't have access to the code until next Week. I should have really anticipated your request. I'm sorry.
I was rather hoping that this was a common problem and that you experts would be familiar with this issue.
I will post Code on Tuesday.

Steve.

Hi Simon.
No. there are Commands in this Network that I personally am not familiar with. However, I would just be guessing now. So I will post the Code next Week. Sorry for any inconveniance.

Steve.

The only example I am aware of where you cannot close a parallel branch is where there are multiple coils in the network.

drag3.JPG

Hello Guys.
I going to post a Screenshot of the Ladder Code I cannot edit. I have deleted the ON I 0.6 Instruction I added in STL so you can see what I was I trying to do.
Hope this works, I will probably have to send it in 2 Screenshots to fit it in.
Many thanks.

BING.

ScreenHunter_02%20Feb.%2008%2008.02.gif