Modicon Structured Text

snipe

I am using Concepts 2.5 and have a modicon E984-265 controller. I have used the ST to establish and load two seperate word arrays. I am having trouble doing any calculations with the values of individual elements within these arrays in the structured text code. I have been able to move individual elements out and handle the calculations in another Function Block section, but I would prefer to handle all of the calculations within the ST section. I have not been able to find a reference for this kind of application. If anyone knows how to do this within the ST section or knows of a good reference that covers doing mathmatical calculations with individual array elements in ST, I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

After you have defined an array, you should be able to invoke individual elements by appending the element number, in brackets, to the array name.

For example with an array of integers called What_I_want:

TYPE
What_I_want: ARRAY [0...9] OF INT;
END_TYPE

to get element 8, refer to it as What_I_want[8]

Also, I believe the Concept ST language is similar to PASCAL.