Slc 5/03 imc110

Brijm

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a customer with a SLC system and a IMC 110 Motion Module. I'm having a problem, and wanted to see if anyone familiar with this module might be able to offer an explanation. I was called, because they had an intermitent problem w/ the servo module not moving that has become worse. I found the control relay on the IMC interface board had some bad contacts and replaced the relay. Now I can reset the e-stop circuit, and the relay will remain latched. I'm still having a problem however, that shortly after the axis is told to home, the e-stop relay again disengages. I jumpered out the e-stop circuit, and forced the e-stop request bit of the output word to off. Still shortly after telling the unit to home, the control relay dis-engages. It seems the module is causing the e-stop, but I can't bypass it at all. Is it possible, that something in the script is causing the Stop?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

I am also having this problem at a customer site. The servo will be given the command to home, the servo will move about 1/4 of an inch and the E-Stop bit in the program will go high. Resetting it and trying to rehome makes the pendant the servo controls bounce up and down for a few seconds and then fault out again.

i had the same problem years ago.
my fix was to save the plc program in case of a dead battery,
power down the plc, and reseat the processor, cards, and power supply twice.

evidently crud had built up on the terminals and was causing a problem because this fixed the problem.

can't say that will fix your problem, but it fixed the problem on this unit.

regards,
james

Do you have a hand held pendant for the IMC module?
If yes, what error code message is displayed?
The error might also be brought back to the PLC.
Is this an IMC 110 or 12x?