Step7: Transfer Tag names

S7PP

Dears, when I upload a project from CPU, I don't have any tag names in it. Is it possible to transfer the tag names from one project to the uploaded project?

I hope I can transfer the tag names in FB, FC, DB, UDT.. and all the comments.

Is it possible?

What I would say is this though, you need a software change procedure put in place and central store for the 'Master' copy of the PLC that only one person can sign out at any time.

Is comparing and updating the code manually the only way? You can't export symbol data and import it to another project?

We have a good PLC program change system in place (only two laptops total), but we have a large siemens project that was given to us by a bankrupt company. Most of the programs are up to date, but the one largest is not. It won't let me monitor because they are different, I'd like to just upload the latest copy and export the existing symbol data into the new program.

You can export the symbol table and import that, but of the program has UDT's then you will have a problem.

Also line comments will not be there or any longer comments. DB's will not be commented and names will be gone.

The method of comparison + manual follow up on the differences is not bad at all.
If you could just migrate online code with offline symbols, you would still have to somehow find where the online and offline doesnt line up and correct manually.