RSlogix 500 ver 8 backwards compaitible to ver 7?

allscott

We are using RSlogix 500 version 7 and recently received a new machine that was programmed with version 8. The PLC is a 1747 L553B/C (5/05).

I can not properly open the program or go online with version 7. Under processor status "structured" isn't an option for Radix. Also the I/O conifg only shows two cards and Channel config only shoes options for DH485.

I am assuming my options are either to update my licenses to the newest version, or create a new project in version 7 and cut and paste all of the logic in and redo the channel and I/O conifgurations.

Any thoughts?

No, go ahead and upgrade to ver. 8. You won't have any problems with older processors. RSLogix 500 isn't like Logix 5000 which has to match the firmware.

I would vote for an upgrade also but depending on what other RA software you have installed you may run into issues. I attempted to install RSlinx 2.57 on a machine that had FTSE 5.0 and it because of the different version of Factory Talk Service Platforms the FTSE Client quick working…RA was working on a patch.

Also, I think you maybe be able to save that file as a library file .slc and bring it back into a new project and be ok…I have never tried this but have heard that it may work.

Hope this helps

My vote goes to upgrade to v8.x as well; the current revision of RSLogix 500 is 8.30.

If your new machine has an SLC with FRN 11 firmware (released in 2008) then you definitely need version 8.10 or better to support it.

Sorry all.
I am not sure of the protocol in this forum yet.
I am sure someone will correct me if this is bad manners.

@ Bob O.
What was your fix to the FTME problem.
Last week I installed RsLinx 2.57. It totally messed up Factory Talk.
I have uninstalled and Reinstalled the right services version. Still no luck. I have a pop up that says " the software requires personal info that cannot be read." I am expecting a call back from the local Dist. AB software guru, but still would like to know if you have any insight.