s7-300 pulse count

tulip

How can I count product on conveyor?Because counter value of max 999.Must I connect a cascade of counters?thanks in advance...

Just use the rising edge of ur product sensor to fire an add integer instruction, you haven't specified what plc u are using ????

what do you mean that make a variable counter?

In DBxx make a tag called "counter" type Integer
Then, as Longhorn said, on the rising edge of your product sensor increment or add 1 to the tag "counter".

With Siemens I've always found the standard counters lacking. You can build your own counter similar to what has been described.

If you want your counter logic to look like a box to simplify things when you call it:

You can write the add instruction, compare instruction, reset instruction, etc in an FC using inputs & outputs declared within the FC. Then when you call this FC it will look like a counter box you'd get in Allen-Bradley.

If you need more help then holler back.

There is no practical limit as you can allocate the one-shot storage to bits in a DB - you will run out of space for the program long before you run out of space for the one shot stores.