Another PanelBuilder32 Question

SilverLoop

is it possible to disable pushbuttons and goto-screen buttons with a control tag?

i am wanting to use the plc to cause a PanelView 550 to goto a manual screen and depending upon other things control what pushbuttons are allowed to be used.

thanks for your help!

Not directly but indirectly it is very possible.

If you use the PLC to control the screen changes then it is easy to allow/disallow the screen changes in the PLC.

Likewise, with your pushbuttons, just use thet bit from the PB or don't use it in the Panelview.

When I have done this in the past, I have created an enable bit for each pushbutton on the screen and used this to drive the Indicator Tag of the object to make it appear dimmed out when it is not enabled.

You can make things simpler for yourself if you follow an addressing scheme for the bits to organize all this. For instance you can put all your pushbutton bits in the B13 file so you would have tag addresses B13/000 B13/001 etc... Then when you want to create enable bits for these pushbuttons, put them in another file, for instance the B12 file. So, the enable bit for the pushbutton related to bit B13/045 would be B12/045 and so on.

Then your logic to react to each button will look something like:

BUTTON_X ENABLE_X DO_SOMETHING
B13/008 B12/008 B3/289
----] [----------] [----------------------( )------