New AB site

Just noticed the new AB website.
What does everyone think, couldnt be any worse than the previous version.

Have you tried to find information on the Honeywell site.... It could be worse... The new site looks good, we'll see how it is, after I get use to it.

It's interesting to note the difficulties with web site navigation. Especially when A-B knows they have an issue.

About 3 years ago, or whenever the A-B tradeshow was in Chicago, I was amazed to see a banner sign over a table at the entrance to the exhibits. The banner read something like "Taxonomy survey". I was astonished to read that because I'm betting not 1 of 100 passersby would even know what 'taxonomy' is (the science or technique of identifying, classifying, and naming. I stopped and asked the lady what the purpose was and it was simply to discover the terminology attendees use for various A-B products and how they would categorize them when looking for them on a web site. So A-B has done put the effort into researching the topic.

I'm chuckling at the references to other vendors' web sites.

Dan

I think the A/B website is very good. They have a gigantic wealth of information so no matter how it's organized, it could be difficult to find things. The new front end looks a little better I guess, but I see no functional difference yet.

Siemens and Schneider Electric websites, on the other hand, also have a wealth of information, but I always end up doing better finding what I need there by starting from google.com

I spend more time on the a/b site than the others so I am probably just more used to it.

Try Emerson/Micro Motion or Festo for "tangled"

I think it's a lot more intuitive.

Watch their short video about the site's structure for a better understanding of their improvements.

I guess the old design wasn't that bad but I've been drilling into it for years so just like an operator with a crappy HMI structure; eventually it's routine navigation....

I've always felt the AB site was one of the better ones I've had to deal with. I got quite familiar with the past sites and imagine I will with the new layout. So far so good, quick access to the knowledgebase and product directory. It's prettier than the last version.

When I first purchased my tech service agreement, a service tech took the time to show me around the site. After that, I beleive the site is dquite user friendly. Had the tech not shown me around, I would probably be as confounded as it sounds like you are. Call them, they'll be happy to show you how to easily navigate your way around their website, to find what you are looking for.

I Like it, but there's always room for improvement.

I wish that there was more information available in HTML so that you don’t have to download PDFs In order to figure out the Catalog number that you want.
For example this Micrologix 1400 page. You have to download the Product Profile pdf in order to view the Product specifications.

The new site looks nice to me. I like the simplicity, organization, and graphic icons (which are now pretty standard).