Step 7 STL to LAD help

Mauroagp

Can somebody help me to translate these lines in STL to a LAD i can´t find the real logic,

O #F_reset_pulse_raise
O #F_start_pulse_raise
AN #I_automatic_mode
O #F_automode_runs
O(
A #F_force_start_position
AN DBX 24.0
AN #F_error_station
)
S DBX 20.1

It seemed like a pretty simple STL network. Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't Step 7 convert it automatically by just changing the view to LAD?

If you switch LD's code to STL, you will see that the original code lacks some brackets.

Kalle

I don't have access to S7 (currently at home) but from what I know about simple STL code and LAD, converting it by hand, The two networks he posted are the same.

Or do you mean it lacks some brackets that are required to automatically convert to LAD from STL?

I'm obviously missing something here. Are we now saying that the original STL code was incorrect? If so what Brkts are missing.
This is quite confusing because for once I actually understood the STL too Ladder conversion.

The Following will translate from STL to the above ladder:

Code:
      A(    
      O     "10Hz FLIP FLOP"
      O     "2.5hz FLIP FLOP"
      )     
      AN    "5Hz FLIP FLOP"
      O     "2Hz FLIP FLOP"
      O     
      A     "1.25Hz FLIP FLOP"
      AN    "1Hz FLIP FLOP"
      AN    "0.625Hz FLIP FLOP"
      =     "0.5Hz FLIP FLOP"
the bracket at the OR was necessary, for the first section to display brackets with a AND was needed.

EDIT: the code worked OK in STL but could not auto switch between LAD and STL

Last edited:
I'm obviously missing something here. Are we now saying that the original STL code was incorrect? If so what Brkts are missing.
This is quite confusing because for once I actually understood the STL too Ladder conversion.

It is just that for LAD/FBD/STL change to work, STL needs some formatting that is not necessary usually. In most cases program written in STL wont translate to LAD trough LAD editor.