Redlion G303 Modbus

mikesmixes

Hi,

I have a Redlion G303 HMI and wish to read various input status' from an alarm unit that sends the data via Modbus.

I have only worked with nomal plc tags on a G303 before.

Any informtation would be appreciated on how to configure to read the modbus data.

The RS485 ports are being used (there is an additional comms card), so can this be done with the RS232 port?

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Hello,

This should be as simple as configuring the port to match the port setting of your modbus device. Then you can configure data tags to reference the required registers in your device. You can use RS232 if you are connecting to an RS232 port on the modbus device.

Thanks
Jeremy

Similar Topics

Hi, I hope that some-one can help me wisth this problem. The situation is that I have a GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC linked to two Redlion G303 HMIs, via...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am having an issue with a RedLion G303 when i manually assign an IP/subnet to the ethernet interface. If i manually set up the G303 with...
Replies
Views
I have a RedLion G303 that I’m feeding ASCII string data from a weight scale. String is: <STX><Signed DATA><sp><lb/kg><CR> <STX> =...
Replies
Views
Hi, we have a G303 we are hoping to use to connect to an Allen Bradley SLC 5/02 via DH485 we have written most to the database (attached) the...
Replies
Views
Hi we have a Redlion G303 display and need it to comunicate with a Allen bradley (SLC 5/02 or SLC 5/04) can it do this and also how do we set up...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom