Micrologix 1100 to PC ASCII communication

zmedina

Hi,

I'm new at ascii comminucation and I have a Micrologix 1100 that I need to setup to be able to write and read ascii characters to and from a PC.
I've already set up the channel 0 configuration to ASCII but:

what baud rate should i use?
what kind of serial cable should i use?
Do you have a program example?

Thank you in advance.:)

Baud rate depends on what you are talking too.
You may need a null modem adapter.
Serial Cable is sold by AB with the mini Din to 9 pin 232.
I have most of mine set up as
Baud 19200
Parity None
Stop Bits 2
Data Bits 8
Term1 \d
Term2 \ff
No handshaking and ignore
I was able to set the baud rate to the scales i am talking to and the rest of the stuff is what the scales wanted.
It helps to have the comm configuration manual for the machine you are taling to.