OP77B question

simatic_plc

Good morning all,

Can anyone enlighten me as to how to illuminate the red warning led on a siemens OP77B hmi screen.

We currently have these. We have alarms displayed but it has been requested that the red warning led is switched on whenever a alarm exists.

Any help appreciated guys.

In the old Protool you used to have to go into 'Screen Keys' I think. This displayed a graphical representation of the HMI. You then clicked the button in question and if it had an LED associated with it then you got an extra tab with 'led' on it (this is from memory so the wording might be different). You then assigned a 'bit' to the LED.

If you've got a OP7'7' then you'll be programming in Flex I assume. I'm not sure how to do it in Flex but it'll be along the same lines I'm sure.

HTH ;-)

Hi,
We used Pro tool for OP7 but we now have to use winCC flexible 2008 for the latest OP77B and I'm not sure how to do it.

No experience with OP77B, but I guess that the "red warning led" is the LED in the alarm acknowledge button.
This LED is automatically set and reset by the panel, depending if there are unacknowledged alarms or not.

Hi Jepser,
Unfortunately, our panels do not use the ACK button to acknowledge alarms. We use the F4 to reset alarms. To the right of the F4 button there is a small led with a warning triangle above it. Our OP7 panels illuminate this led red when a alarm is active.

Just made a small sample OP77B project.
Yes there is a LED for just indicating alarm active. It must be irrelevant which button you use to acknowledge. If there are unacknowledged alarms the LED will light up.
Apart from that, since there is a dedicated ACK button, why do yoy use the F4 button ?

Its not my choice. It is a standard we use to assign the F4 key as the alarm reset button. I will look into it further later.

Thanks,

Hi,
It would seem that there are different alarms classes.

We have warning, errors, etc used in our OP77B. However, any alarm classed as " fault " on an OP77B is indicated with the flashing alarm indicator led. I will dig a little deeper later.
Thanks

There are different classes. I think there's Events and Alarms if I remember rightly. Alarms need to be acknowledged whereas Events will disappear on their own when the cause of them appearing in the first place is rectified.

For instance you could have an Event of:
"Line builtback from packer"
This would then clear on its own when the packer got rid of the buildback.

The Alarm would be something like:
"E-stop pressed on the palletiser"
Where an operator has to then 'acknowledge' that they've read and acted upon the alarm cause.

;-)