lake level regulation with PLC

plc\'r\'us

P
Hello, somebody has made sometimes the control and regulation of the water level of a lake with several gates using a PLC? I'm trying to do it with a PID function on S7-300 Siemens (FC CONT_C), but i don´t know how to adjust the parameters.

I don´t want to kill one thousand swimmers.....

Sorry for our english

Thank you very much....

That CONT_C is a PID with continous control.
Maybe you should use CONT_S, which is a PID with step control.

But the following statement worries me:
I don´t want to kill one thousand swimmers.....

I think that the speed of the regulation should be limited in hardware, so that all regulation is very slow and predictable.
You should only be able to change the opening of one of the gates at a time.

OK Jesper, you are right. I´m working now with the CONT_S, and I worked before with the CONT_C. By now, I don't know which is better...

Of course, the hardware doesn't permit to move more than one door at same time.

Thanks