c7-634 can not run

mhmtfthnl

Hi.We have a simatic C7-634 panel which is used in a press machine and have its required program.We are struggling to run the panel.When we press the RUN button on the panel ,the panel is not replying to our request.We have downloaded to panel both panel program and plc program and we are sure about that these program are current programs. I'm wondering has not the panel RUN or STOP button addresses.In addition may I see the RUN and STOP button addresses in the PROTOOL/Lite.As to how to operate the panel it is quite suspended.

Thank you all. :)
Best regards.

Is the SF led on?

Maybe there is some active fault and the CPU and it will go to stop for that.

Check the CPU diagnostic buffer with Step7 and you will see if there is some problem.

You can also check the operating mode of the module in Step7->PLC-->Diagnostic/Setting-->Operating mode.

tesalmin said:
Is the SF led on?

Maybe there is some active fault and the CPU and it will go to stop for that.

Check the CPU diagnostic buffer with Step7 and you will see if there is some problem.

You can also check the operating mode of the module in Step7->PLC-->Diagnostic/Setting-->Operating mode.

SF led is blank.DC5V led is ligthing up in green colour and STOP led is lighthing up in yellow colour.

The stop led shouldent be yellow. That means that the plc is stopped.
Try right click on the cpu in the S7manager and choose plc submenu operating mode. Or you can access the menu that tesalamin stated they are the same. There you can see the current staus of the cpu and change operating mode.

Last edited:
Bratt said:
The stop led shouldent be yellow. That means that the plc is stopped.
Try right click on the cpu in the S7manager and choose plc submenu operating mode. Or you can access the menu that tesalamin stated they are the same. There you can see the current staus of the cpu and change operating mode.

Hi.I have tried a lot of times for changing PLC position on the panel by means of Simatic manager.To be able to run the panel I must activate the panel RUN position.But I could not manage it.I first pressed SHIFT button and then pressed RUN button on the panel. The panel is not replying that.How can I do that.

Thank you.
Best regards.

Do you have a brigde wire at the authorization connectors?

Authorization activated = A1 and A+ bridged
Authorization deactivated = A1 and A+ open

You can find these connectors right next to C7 power supply connectors.

To change the operating mode you don't need shift button.

There are special keys for changing operation modes. Buttons on the upright of the panel (key with arrow up and key & key with arrow down and key).

You must also push them at least 0,5s to change modes !!

Try that.

First thank you tesalmin.We realized the authorization connectors before a while your reply was received.The panel is running correct at the moment.

thank you again.