.5 to 4V Analog Input.

cma189

Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing an keyence IA-1000 sensor amplifier and the analog output is .5 to 4 volts. The AB SLC 500 1746-ni8 does not list that range as an option. Will this be a problem or will the 0 to 5 volt range be OK? I have not used an analog card before and want to make sure I can accurately determine distance before purchasing.

Thanks

Is +/- 0.1% good enough? If so then 0-5 volts should do it.

Remember that's +/- 0.1% of the 0 to 5 volts. What does .5 to 4 volts represent in engineering units?

accuracy.jpg

Last edited:
The 1746-NI8 can be set for 0-5vdc, and you can choose engineering units or scaled for PID and have a resolution of 1mV on the engineering units. I don't think the resolution when scaled for PID is any better, just more convenient if the signal is fed into a PID block.

So, set up for Engineering units, the input you can expect in the SLC for that transmitter will be 500 to 4000. Since the NI8 has a 16 bit resolution, I doubt that would be a problem unless your application is very demanding.

What is it you're measuring and what kind of resolution do you need?