Controlnet Problem

GENERY

I got a machine issue related to controlnet. This machine has been running for quite some time until recently that one of the controlnet adapter became faulty. We then replaced it with the same model,series and rev. After replacing, we are able to see the said controlnet adapter and the I/O modules connected to it (1 analog and 3 digital I/O's) at RSNetworx and RSLinx.

However, the PLC is not able to receive/read the signals from the I/O modules. We have confirmed that the signals are there by measuring the actual signals and likewise the LED indicators on each modules are lighted up everytime the signals are ON or active. The LED indicators for the said adapter is healthy (steady green) and the COntrolnet indicator at the PLC5 processor is healthy as well (steady green).

Any possible reason why the PLC is not able to receive the signals from the controlnet adapter? All the other controlnet nodes do not have a problem, only a specific node after replacement of the controlnet adapter.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Does the adapter say Idle or Run? If it says Idle, you propbably need to reschedule the network.
Sorry if this didn't help.

Hi Fred, it is not showing idle and have already rescheduled the network few times. After every rescheduling, we are able to see the said adapter (node) and I/O modules connected to it in RSnetworx and Rslinx. But the PLC still unable to read/received the signals from the I/O modules on this specific adapter (node). The adapter status indicator and PLC controlnet status indicators are healthy(steady green).

Thanks for the reply. Any other possible solution?

The only other thing that jumps to mind would be dip switch settings. Re-scheduling the network should have provided the data table mapping that it needed to put the io data in. I'll keep thinking on this. It's been a while since i had to mess with PLC5 and controlnet. I remember it's never fun. What version of RSNetworx are you using? 3.0 was buggy about loading the network, if I remember correctly. When we switched to 7, all was right with the PLC world.

Problem solved but can not understand why. My colleague temporarily changed the original node number to a temporary unused node number then rescheduled. Afterwhich, he reverted it back to the original node number and rescheduled. It worked.