SLC 5/04 to ControlLogix Comms Question

naegely

Looking for suggestions for the following setup:

A portable piece of equipment (mixer) with a ControlLogix 1756-L63, and also a DH-RIO card. This mixer will be moved throughout the facility, but WHEN it is cleaned, it needs to interface with a SLC 5/04 that runs the cleaning skid. The 5/04 is on a DH+ network with several other PLC and HMI. We can obviously patch the mixer into the DH+ network, but most of the time it is not connected, which breaks the daisy chain.

I also can't put a NET-ENI on the 5/04 because the serial port is connected to an AIC interfacing to a DH-485 network.

Does anyone have any experience using interfacing "portable equipment" into a DH+ network? We've tried jumper plugs before but they aren't reliably replaced by operators.

Thanks for your time,

Rob

DH+ will work in "Star" configuration also.

Just provide a suitable plug/socket to connect your portable node to the network anywhere you want it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have been told that "star" and daisy chain should not be mixed on the same DH+ network.

What I think we will do is add a RIO scanner to the 5/04 rack and set up communications with the RIO module in the Controllogix rack.

Thanks again,

Rob