Siemens S5 with IP266 Card

mjisaacs

I have a customer with an IP266 card problem. The card faults and I have determined the problem is in the card. The customer has a spare, but they do not know where it came from, and it doesn't have a program in it. They also have another machine that contains a good working card. How can I copy the program from the good card to the other unit to see if it works? I have the com266 software (in German), the cable and can communicate with the card. My concern is lack of documentation and I am afraid I will inadvertently kill the program in the good card while I am trying to work on it. Can anyone help me? I simply need coaching from someone that has used the software and to find out if pulling the program from a good unit is possible.

Still need help

Already found this link. I have spent many hours this week on Siemens site and search engines trying to find the answers to my questions. None of the material I have read covers ...or should I say clarifies my confusion! I think anyone with experience with these modules could answer my questions easily. There has to be someone out there that can tell me:

1) Can I pull the program from a known good one (without risking losing it
2) The keystroke combination to do so (as I have the software (unfortunately in German) and cable, but due to lack of documentation, I am afraid of accidentally hitting the wrong key and killing it

As I stated, it is not the language barrier that is the coup de gras, it is more the lack of experience and knowledge with the software.

Still need help

Yes, I have seen these 2 links. I have called Siemens and, yes, there is a charge. This is not the issue. The issue is will I find someone AT SIEMENS that will be able to give me the info I need? The last question I posed to them took 5 days and many talks with Germany to answer, and it was on a new piece of equipment.

Since your an integrator, talk the customer into
Upgrading this equipment

What question took 5 days?.

Get your local Siemens distributor to help.

Hi!

The COM266 will not delete the IP-card when you upload. I hardly know your IP at all - I might have touched it some 15 years ago. But the COM's from Siemens are not that different, so I have made a simple guide for you - english and german snapshots (offline only). See if you can use it.

Btw, there could be that some bandits have shared the COM266 in english version as well. Try to Google for 'COM266 + simatic + download'.

Good luck!
Kalle