Lauer LCA 710 industrial printer

sylwek

I have problem with very old industrial printer Lauer LCA-710 which is connected to the Lauer LCA-285 text panel with serial cable.

Printer LCA-710 is broken and looking for her replacement.

Can I use third-party serial printer (Epson, Oki, Star, etc.)?

Lauer were taken over by Beijer and according to this 'End of Life' statement the LCA-710 should still be available. If you want to try an alternative serial printer I would first try connecting the output to an RS232 port on a computer. Then use Hyperterminal or similar to see if the data is simple ASCII. If that works then you can be confident in getting a new printer.

Bryan

I connected the Epson LX-300+.
I set RS232 printer parameters:
Baud rate 1200, 7, even

And everything is working properly.