RSView / panelview display problems

Outrage

Weird one, wondering if anyone has come accross this one before.

I have Mimic screen with a lot of animation on it, whenever I navigate off the screen and return, several of my animated objects (colour changes) have decided to change their colour despite the PLC integer value that drives the colour remaining the same. Eventually if I return to the screen a few times the status of these objects will return to the right colour, the colour is also still changeable if I change my integer register at the PLC. It appears to be some sort of screen update issue. The really strange thing is that they turn red which would correspond to an integer value of 4, I could maybe understand if they were turning grey which = 0 or error.

Also, it does seem to take sevaral seconds to update the screen when it's accessed.

The screen is a brand new Panelview Plus 1500 talking over ethernet to another brand new Compact logix processor.

Anyone have any ideas whats causing this?

Cheers,

Lee

Are you using tags in your application? If so, you might want to try direct addressing instead and bypass the use of tags. It's my understanding that direct addressing is quicker and more efficient.

Just to close this one off, we had a symbol consisting of several parts that were grouped together, looks like there were groups within the groups and some of them had incorrect animation. Daft really!

Cheers,

Outrage