PL7 Micro and Pro

iceberg

Hi i am a new member of this forum and have been browsing and have learned a lot already.
My background is Ammonia refrigeration and over the years I have used PLCs to automate plant rooms using various platforms. Starting with Idec Junior and moving onto GE Fanuc, Omeron and finally Shcnieder (Nano and Micro) I have stayed with the PL7 series as the assistance provided by Schnieder has been exceptional. What I have noticed is that there are very few postings that deal with Micro products. This leaves me with the impression that either the Micro product is so simple to use that I am the only person that struggles with understading it or that nobody else uses it.
I am embarking on a large project to control a plant room with several independant ammonia refrigeration units each to be independantly controlled with provision to communicate to a central PC to be installed at a later date.
Any helpful hints on the use of PL7 Micro/Pro PLCs compared to other platforms would be appreciated.
The Platform I use for this project will be what I use for the rest of my days as I notice that I am getting Grey around the Mussle and finding it harder to learn new tricks

Thank you

Kevin

TSX Micro

Hi Iceberg

I use Siemens, Omron and manly Telemecanique PLC. I also notice that are few Telemecanique post around here, but I find this forum very useful. I’ve learned a lot with all the people that used to post here.
When I think in a PLC, the first thing that comes to my mind is a TSX Premuim, or if I need a cheaper one, a TSX Micro. Only if my costumer asks, I consider another brand. Of course that depends of the country you are in and the type of industry you work for.

I don’t think you are the only one that struggles with PLC Micro. We had our divergences either, but I in the end we get along well.

For me, the big issue in choosing a PLC brand is the support that I can get. You say that Schneider’s assistance is exceptional in your country (I’m also pleased with the support I get, but I believe this is not the case in other places), so I would go for it.

You can consider upgrading to TSX Premium, if you need more I/O or a more flexible PLC.

Good luck.

João

Hi Iceberg,

I also have used nano and micro plcs and have just purchased software for the twido range of plcs,
again I see very few posts around in reference to telemecanique. I have used a lot of other types and I normally specify a teley where possible.
I have found them to be very good system with the all-important support only a phone call away. I have never done any networking with this platform.
One thing I found, as I do a lot of low budget motion control project (prototyping builds) I found them lacking motion control interfacing products.

Martin...

Last edited: