SLC 5/05 with Panelview 1000 plus

srv

I am facing a problem with Panelview1000 plus programming.I came to know that we cann't give direct bit address to RS view ME like wonderware.Tags only we can import to ME.I had one SLC 5/05 and Panel view plus 1000,working properly.Unforunately I don't have development of that ME file.But i checked PLC programs by uploading from PLC,i could n't find any description or tags in PLC program.But it is working propery.I tried with another ME program which i did myself from my computer,but i couldn't communicate.anybody please tell me how i can import address from RS logix 500 and communicate to PLC

I came to know that we can't give direct bit address to RSView ME like Wonderware.

This is incorrect. You cannot use the FactoryTalk Tag Browser to directly select a bit in a data table word, but you can easily select the data table word and append ".xx" for the bit number.

Tags only we can import to ME.

This is only partially correct. You can import SLC or PLC data tables into FactoryTalk View HMI database tags, or you can use Direct References to the SLC or PLC data tables.

The principal function that is supported for ControlLogix but not for PLC/SLC is the direct reference browsing of an offline controller project file.

Online direct reference browsing is supported both for PLC/SLC and for ControlLogix.

I checked PLC programs by uploading from PLC, I couldn't find any description or tags in PLC program. But it is working propery.

This is because Symbols and Descriptions in all Rockwell Automation controllers are part of the RSLogix project file and are not stored in the controller itself. You must obtain the documented RSLogix project file in order to see the Data Table descriptions and the Rung Descriptions.

Anybody please tell me how I can import addresses from RSLogix 500 and communicate to PLC.

To learn the fundamentals of FactoryTalk View communications, I recommend the User Manuals as well as the RSLinx Enterprise "Getting Results" guide. These are installed along with FactoryTalk View Studio and can be launched from the Help menu.

They are also downloadable separately from the Rockwell Automation literature library.

FactoryTalk View Machine Edition User's Guide:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewme-um004_-en-e.pdf

RSLinx Enterprise Getting Results Guide:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/lnxent-gr001_-en-e.pdf