problems with my panelview

knome

I have an older model 550 panel view and I cant seem to get the pass through channel to work. I have it hooked to an AB 5:03. I can connect with the plc but cannot link up with the panel view

Rule #1 of all PanelView questions is "what is the full part number" ?

My guess is that you have a DH-485 PanelView terminal, like the 2711-B5A2, which has two plugs for the DH-485 port. One plug connects to the SLC-500 controller's DH485 network port, and the other one accepts a connection from a 1747-PIC or 1747-UIC.

Explain more about what precisely you're trying to do with a "passthrough port". Is your PC connected to the SLC-5/03 serial port and you're trying to 'pass through' to the DH485 network port, or is the PC connected to the PanelView's network port ? Or something else ?

My PC is hooked to the serial port on the plc and I am trying to pass through to the Dh485 which is hooked to my panel view that's all my panel view has on it except for a printer port at least that's what the sales rep said both ports are listed as dh485. CAT# 2711-K5A2 SER B REV D FRN 1.07. My possessor is a 5:03 1747-L532 ser c Fac 1M O.S.1747-OS301 serial # L532-0195A2144