Click Plc HMI problem

dwains

Hi all I made a machine that counts wheels and puts them in a box the box count is 250. It is nearing completion. I am having a strange problem I have 2 counters one which is reset after the box is full one that continues to count until reset at the end of a shift. The plc ladder logic knows the right number. For test purposes I set the box count to 10. After the first 10 I reset counter 1 and counter 2 keeps going after counter 2 hits 15 it reverts back to 10 on the display only again the counter in the plc has the actual count but the hmi doesnt display it correctly I have uploaded the ladder and the hmi logic. The screen is a EA1-S3ML-N Thanks Dwain Snickles

screen.jpg

Attachments

• screen.zip
    61.1 KB · Views: 25
One thing I forgot to mention I use DS1 and DS2 respectively to display the values and they also have the correct count in the PLC logic.

For test purposes I set the box count to 10. After the first 10 I reset counter 1 and counter 2 keeps going after counter 2 hits 15 it reverts back to 10 on the display only again the counter in the plc has the actual count but the hmi doesnt display it correctly

dwains,

It appears that you have the data type in the HMI for BCD16. This would work for a Direct logic type of PLC but not for a CLICK PLC. You need to make a new tag with a unsigned integer 16.

Once you have changed the data types (as noted by Milldrone) for your display think, will we do more than 260 boxes in a shift? If so then make the following changes:

In rung 12 instead of sending the shift part count to DS2 send it to DD2. This can hold a count for a greater number.

On the display change the tag to an new one. Set its type to "Unsigned Int 32". Point it to to DD2. This can have up to 10 (yes 10) digits. You may not need to make room to display all of these. Think of your highest possible shift production and double it.

The display wont allow more than 4 digits anyway but I did change the data tag as mildrone has suggested I will try it Monday Thanks so much. Do I need to change the BCD tag for counter 1 also it does display properly or is it best to leave it alone its max count will be 250.

My apology bernie I was wrong BCD16 only allows 4 digits to be displayed not the Hmi. However we probably wont produce that many boxes in a given shift. I am still new to Plcs and Hmis Thanks Dwain

Pop up Message

I am new as stated above! How could I add a popup text message so that when box is full it displays a message to remove box and press F1 to continue when f1 is pressed and the box is not present to hide the popup?

You can keep the first counter copied to DS1 as it won't go over 250 but the type as set in the HMI must be "Unsigned Int 16" instead of "BCD Int 16".

How could I add a popup text message so that when box is full it displays a message to remove box and press F1 to continue when f1 is pressed and the box is not present to hide the popup?
This isn't exactly a popup (I don't think one exists in the Micro). Create an indicator light which fills the area on the screen (you only have one shown at this point). Under the "Option" tab set the object visibility, tying it to the condition you want. After they press the F1 key and the box isn't present turn off that condition.

Create an indicator light which fills the area on the screen (you only have one shown at this point). Under the "Option" tab set the object visibility, tying it to the condition you want. After they press the F1 key and the box isn't present turn off that condition.

dwains,

Just to show another way to do a message. I have used a "scrolling text" with visibility determined by the status of counter 1. If the counter is at the preset count then the CT1 bit is set, this determines if the text is visible or not.

dwains,

Just to show another way to do a message. I have used a "scrolling text" with visibility determined by the status of counter 1. If the counter is at the preset count then the CT1 bit is set, this determines if the text is visible or not.
Thanks I read the help file while I was waiting that is almost what I have I assigned plc DS3 to 0 with scrolling text object and change it to 1 when box full and it works 0 = Not Visible 1 = Visible Thanks for your valuable input. When I grow up I want to be a programmer.:ROFLMAO: Dwain Snickles