Connecting pg on Profibus node

Plc_User

Sometimes you want to connect your pg to a Profibus node somewhere in the field, because you need to that part of the machine while monitoring in the S7-programm.
If you are lucky, there is a Profibus connector that has a connection where the cable from the pg can be put on.
Somtimes there no such a connector.
Does there exist some piece that can be put between the profibus node and the connector where I can plug also my computer in. You could offcourse replace the orignal connector with one that provides acces with a pg, but I do not want to screw open anything, only pull out the original connector, put somthing on the profibus slave and plug the original connector on to it. Also because we are making a stub line, it would be nice if the 'special connector' has some build in repeater to avoid problems with stub lines.
Hope you guys have some advice, because this should be a common problem.

You can use a PROFIBUS connector with a PG interface, just plug it in behind the original connector :) Be aware that you'll have to disconnect the slave if you do this.

Change all your node profibus connectors to these, they allow you to plug a pg into them without removing anything.

Siemens part number 6ES7 972-0BB12-0XA0.

Better still, if you can, if your system has an ethernet module, add a wireless router, that way you can walk around the machine without cables :ROFLMAO:. saves having two guys looking for a fault with two way radios. 🍻

Be aware..

Some Siemens devices (as HMI's) do not provide 24VDC output at Profibus port, so conect to such port with PC-Adapter cable is NOT possible!