Interbus - HMI with Multimeda

mintcake

Hi All.

Looking for some inspiration on a challenge I have.

The problem:o_O

Machine with Interbus network installed. Existing HMI units are PILZ or Proface that connect to the Interbus by RS232 or RS422, there is a module sitting on the Interbus network acting as the interface (these are used as mobile panels, i.e. mounted in an enclosure that can be carried around).

The HMI panels and the interfaces are obsolete, both of which I believe I can get newer alternatives so can do a straight swap like for like.

BUT - what I am looking for is a HMI that will also have multmedia capabilities, specifically Internet explorer and Ethernet connectivity. This is so we can integrate Ethernet Camera capabilities into the HMI project for remote viewing.

We have done this using the Siemens MP377 as a static panel connected to the machine PLC on Profibus with Ethernet network for the camera's on a new build.

Some ideas we have looked at is replacing the Interbus / RSXXX interface with say AnyBus Profibus master / Interbus Cu units and then use a Siemens panel with wireless bridge for the camera side.
My knowledge of avaialable HMI units out there and ways to interface to Interbus are limited so any pointers always appreciated from the wider knowledgable community

Thanks All.