s7 1200 program card

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

Say I use a s7 1200 mmc card as a program card i my cpu. Will it act exactly as if the program was run through the CPU? The values with retain will retain after power break etc.

You have the choice in Step 7 basic to have the card as a backup card (ie not left in the plc) that writes the program to the plc on power up OR as a program card which keeps everything on it whilst running etc

You are refering to that I can have a program or a transfer card?
It is a program card I have created and planning to use. My only concern is if the memory is retaining. I have some timers and counter who are sett through a HMI and these must remain the same after a power break.

I asume that with my program card it is still retaining and work the same way as if I would run it through the PLC. I just want to check with you guys before I'm sending it away.