MLX 1500 I/O card fake out?

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I would like to know if there is a way to fake out a MLX 1500 PLC to think it has a couple of I/O cards attached for testing.

I thought I remember there being a way on the SLC500 but maybe I'm hallucinating.

Thanks

With the SLC you can use the slot enable/disable bits. Those don't show up when you configure a Micrologix 1500 and look at the structured view of the processor status. The addresses are there if you switch to a different radix.

I suppose you could try it. Just turn off the affected slot enables in processor status words S11 and see if it works.

Be sure to let us know if it does, but I suspect it won't have the desired effect.

Similar Topics

HELLO BOYS, I HAVE AN INTERROGANT, HOW CAN I MIGRATE A PROGRAM FROM A PLC MICROLOGIX 1500 TO A PLC 1400:beerchug:
Replies
Views
I have two MLx 1500 PLCs with ENI modules. RSLinx successfully browses them and even pulls up the "data monitor" with valid values. But trying...
Replies
Views
hi guys, i have a mlx 1500 which was use for another job but now i would like to use it for a differant project but it is set up for uic and i...
Replies
Views
Hi, does anyone know how to unlock and OEM locked (MLX1500) processor? (Allow Future Access - OEM Lock Protection S:1/14 set on) We have a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, has anyone ever had success with amending (via PLC code) the Class, Instance, Attribute of an explicit message. Rockwell support...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom