Micrologix 1400 MSG Instruction

rmb550

I have 2 Micrologix 1400's connected via Ethernet through an unmanaged switch. The devices can all be seen and programmed etc via a laptop connected to that switch. I am trying to get MSG to send a group of registers from one to the other, but am having no success. The setup screen seems pretty straightforward to me and I have followed the manual carefully. I have set up a register to alternate every second between 0 and 1 (watchdog) and then send that to a different address in the neighbouring PLC. I just don't see the data changing in the neigbouring PLC. Where do I start to troubleshoot this?
rmb550

It does NOT ER -- it seems to go to DN. I lost the laptop for now but can send additional data tomorrow. Can you be more specific about what screen shots I should send?
rmb550

Remember that the MSG instruction is a single-shot process; the rung must go false-to-true each time you want to trigger the message to be sent.

A classic example of the repeating MSG instruction with inter-message delay:

RepeatingMSG_withDelay.png

Oh - I have it on a rung with no logic as I assumed it would then execute each scan. Do I need to add some logic to that? Here is a pdf of the screens.
rmb550

Ken,
In the ML1400 reference manual there is no mention of the need to transition the rung, and there are examples shown with the MSG box wired directly into a rung with no other logic. Am I missing something?

OK got it running here --- had to toggle the MSG rung as Ken indicated. So much for reading the manuals.
rmb550
ps thanks Ken