Help me! please,

totochana

T
I was told about this forum two weeks ago, and I am very glad to know that there is a very helpful forum such as yours. A forum that I looked for a long time. Thank to him who introduced you for me. Because I have been doing a project on SCADA and I really want to research on the connection interface between PLC and controlled objects. I had posted my question on our forum about the connect PLC-S7 300 of Siemens to Power Meter A1700 of ABB. But I was dissapointed when I have been looking forward the answer everyday but nothing happens.
Please answer me. I tried to register into the forum but something wrong that many time I tried but I failed. My name is totochana I come from VietNam and I very glad to get your advices for me to solve problem in my system. I post my question again here and keep looking forward your advices. Thanks.

-Is it possible for us to connect PLC-S7 300 of Siemens to Power Meter A1700 of ABB? In my PLC System, there is a module PC 340 with RS232 port complied with point-to-point standard. And we also have A1700 with RS232 module (type MODVBR D). I tried to make a communication between them and realised that PLC can receive datas from A1700 in binary bits (with Step7 software). However, I couldn't distinguish which ones are voltagable bits and which ones are current bits...
So would you please help me to solve this problem?
-If this connection is impossible, can I replace PC 340 module with another module which can communicate between A1700 and PLC S7-300?
Thank you so much for reading this mail!
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

totochana,

dont be disappointed. The reason that noone has answered is possibly that the ABB Power Meter A1700 is unknown to everyone else on this forum.

You seem to have succeded in establishing some sort of communication between the S7 and the ABB. Good. But you cant figure out what the data means.

Post your question to ABB directly, as they must be able to define how that particular device "talks".
Try this contact link (specify Vietnam): ABB instrumentation contact page