How to Monitor a Bit in an array for S7

try55times

How do I monitor a specified bit in an array of BOOL

example,

what is the status of the 12th bit in array DB1
thus what is the status of DB1.DBX1.4

Thanks guys
T

You could use a VAT table and specify the address DB1.DBX1.4 or you could open DB1 in data view and monitor the data by clicking the monitor button (glasses).

Thanks, but I should be more spesific,
My array consists of over 1000 bits and i would like to monitor( use in rest of the program) a specified bit using a variable for example.

I need to be able to specify MD100=bit200 ( Indirect addressing)
to get the status of DB1.DBX25.0

DB1.DBX[MD100] -m0.1
-------||--------------------()

Thanks again

Last edited:
Dear:"god of indirect addressing"
Today was my first exposure to STL, I used some of your examples you posted in the past, right now I am able to convert my "index" register lets say MD100(ANY) with a value of 9 into 1.1 for use as DB1.DBX1.1.
But I am stuck with my lack of STL knowledge how to now set another bit for further use in my program.
Thanks Again T

Note that there is no array bounds checking so if you pass in an invalid DB or iGetBit you will get a system fault. Of course DB validity and array bounds checking can be implemented - post if you get stuck implementing this (if you require it).

Now how about this, monitor a "bit range"
Input-array start bit
Input-amount of bits
then if any of the bits in that range is true set output

Wow, I am starting to like SCL, any documents you guys recommend for getting me up to speed on SCL?
Thanks so much
One last thing I would like to do something like this

pArrayDB to Monitor -|----|-RangeCheck
_iStart of Range Bit -|----|
__iEnd of range Bit -|____|

Last edited: