1769-OF8V Module With No Output

ejones76

Hello hope everyone is doing good. I am having some problems with an RSLogix 5000 project I am working on. I have a 1769-OF8V output module that I am trying to make work. I am using the Add on instruction I found for RSLogix5000 SCL_AOI. I have changed the Data Format to every available setting as well as changed my Scaled max and scaled min on the SCL instruction to match my data format. MY problem is no matter what I set up the card for or the SCL instruction I get no output from the card. I am including my plc program so maybe someone could take a look at it. It is the stripped down program so I am only dealing with the SCL instruction. It is a 1769-L35E Compactlogix Plc and I am using RSLogix5000 V19.01. Any help is appreciated and thanks for looking!

Eugene

Your file attachment didn't succeed; generally just ZIP the file to post it.

Are you physically not measuring any voltage output, or are you looking at the module-defined Output tag and seeing a zero ?

Have you enabled the channel(s) you want to use when you added the module to your RSLogix5000 project? Double-click the module in the I/O configuration tree and then select the Configuration tab. You will see an enable section for each channel. It defaults to disabled for all channels.

Make sure in your card properties under limits these are set they default to 0 and 1. Need to space them out to whatever you set the output for, raw value I think is 0-15123.

Hi, I have a similar problem, but in my case the output is fixed at 5VDC.
I am using a L33ER CPU

Hi, in the user manual, (Compact I/O Analog modules) 1769-OF8V, page 4-25 has a table that shows which bits to set for desired voltage output. Hope this helps.

The range is fine, I have it from 0-10 VDC, By program I modify the output ... but when measuring it it always stays at 5VDC. The 8 channels are the same and I have them all enabled. I swapped it for a 1756-OF8C power card and the same thing happens. you are set the output to a value.
I am working with Studio 5000 v33.

The range is fine, I have it from 0-10 VDC, By program I modify the output ... but when measuring it it always stays at 5VDC. The 8 channels are the same and I have them all enabled. I swapped it for a 1756-OF8C power card and the same thing happens. you are set the output to a value.
I am working with Studio 5000 v33.

Setting the range for a channel is different from setting the limits.