Rslink and visual basic 2008

jcp

Hi friends;
I develop a interface in vb 2008. Now i want to connect with Rockwell Plc 1756. The system configration as under
HARDWARE:
Controller 1756-L3
ControllNet A/B
Ethernet 1756
Software
Rslogix version 13,15 and rslink Licensed.
I established sucessfully communication with excell.
By adding the add in excell.
Now i want to fetech data into textboxes in VB 2008. And done diffrent task on that data. I want only read the data.
Plz guide me before read data which file i add in component for sucessfull communication?
I appriciated if any example give me
Thanks

VB.Net in VS2008 does not support DDE connectivity. You are going to have to do an OPC Connection. I am not sure what free options there are out there any more to get the .Net OPC 3.0 libraries from the OPC Foundation you will need to become a member. You can try Kepware s ClientAce development toolkit if you are running a full version VS2008, it will not load into the express version. The DA Junction, in ClientAce, is a good tool for what you want to do.

Your last option is to embed a spreadsheet in your VB application and get the data from it that way.

Sourceforge.net

Sourceforge.net has great interface driver code that you can use in your VB code to communicate with Rockwell hardware. I have used it extensively to get data from PLC's and process the information.

Just search on Rockwell.