Concept Help

The Plc Kid

I am looking at upgrading a large process line that has just short of 5K I/O. Currently there are 7 PLC 5/60 that run this line with the bulk of the I/O on RIO.

This will be a total tear out and replace I/O field wiring and everything. Looking to go back with Control/ Guard Logix system,PF 755 Drives with safe off and speed/ FT View Distributed HMI,Point I/O.

The I/O Will be reduced by about 1/3. Is there a way to have a point i/o rack with some modules mastered by a L7 processor in the chasis and safety I/O modules in this same point I/O rack that are mastered by a seperate Guard Logix Processor in the chasis?

I would think so? I am looking at the L7 so i can use less processors. Maybe just 1. 500 max connections vs 250.

I would like to handle just safety stuff with the guardlogix and everything else with the L7. But the point I/O racks will be mixed with standard and safty I/O.