Factory Talk - Warning Message ?

pablo_660

Hello,

I'm a fresh user with Factory Talk.
I have this warning message after the creation of the runtime application file .mer

Somebody has an idea ?

I don't see...

Thank you

*** Start RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***
WARNING: Unconfigured shortcut detected. Shortcut name = "PLC". Description: The system has detected that the noted shortcut has
not been associated with a device on the Runtime (Target) tab. If the application makes use of this shortcut, then runtime errors
will be detected and logged when the application attempts to use that shortcut.

*** End RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***
Validation completed with warnings. The runtime application has been created.
CAUTION: Running this application might produce errors at runtime.

2011-02-18_095437.jpg

Look at the two tabs, 'design' and 'runtime'. While developing the application you set up the path to the PLC (under the name 'PLC'). You may have tested the screens, if you were actually connected to the PLC, while developing. There should have been a button to transfer the same path to the 'Runtime' tab. By doing that you are saying, 'The application while running in the Panelview will see this same communication path to the PLC'. If that is not true then you will need to set up the 'Runtime' path separately.

So the warning is saying, 'You didn't set up how the application while running in the Panelview was to find the target PLC.'

Again, if the running application will use the same path you used while developing then just use the 'Copy To runtime' button before making the .mer file.

Another newer user with the same problem. However, it didn't fix the issue. I also get an error when I try to verify the path as well as a small memory leak on the panelview that's possibly connected.

Application type: FactoryTalk View Machine Edition.

CPR: 9
Server: 'RNA://$Local/PVPI_DRUMMING_PVPLUS/RSLinx Enterprise' on 'localhost'.

Shortcut 'PVPI Processor':
- Note: No path to Design device is assigned.
- Offline tag file assigned and file found on workstation.
- Warning: No path to Runtime device is assigned.

I just had this problem. Here are the things that were going wrong for me. First make sure that you have imported your plc tags. Next, you want to configure your device shortcut in the runtime tab. When you have done this properly you need to go into tag db. Click on this and fill in the blanks. Note:: make sure that your device shortcut and the name that you put into the second line of the tag db matches exactly.