Scada: Changeing a tag on event

Frelecing

Hi everyone,

First of all I'd like to tell you I'm not sure if what I'm trying to do is the way it should be done. I'm just learning about SCADA at my work and I've been asked to do the following:

I have a device A that's controlled by a dedicated controller (Zelio) and another device B that's controlled by a PLC.

Both devices communicate in different ways with a single PC with SCADA Ifix, where I can see their states and turn them on or off, etc

What I need to do now is to autmatically turn off device A when Device A turns off. Any advice?

I can´t do it electrically because they are locate very far away from each other. I can start and see if both devices are on, on my SCADA I just don't know how to make the instruction:
"When Device B goes from being ON to being OFF, send Device A the signal to go OFF"

Thanks in advance!

I have three iFix systems I have touched up...I am supposed to gt training in Dallas in April...

In my limited explorations I have seen where the iFix database and/(or?) drivers can be configured to chain together, so that I suspect it might be possible to pass a value (or series of values) between two devices similar to Red Lions Gateway Blocks.

You can still access the tags in iFix for display, and not have to worry about event and timing issues outside of the driver/database level.

after April 15th I should have a definitive answer.

:)

Hello again,

I haven't figured out how to do this yet but I believe I'm on the way to understanding.

Still, I'd like to know if doing this type of control is considered "neat", if it's normal to have this kinds of things on a SCADA system or if it's just a way that things will work, but noone will consider it well done.

Thanks!

Well no... I thought I was able to make it but I couldn't. I'll try to detail a little bit more what I need to do, and maybe you can give me a more specific answer:

I have to check that:

If Fix32.CNC2.ZM441_O3_FUNCEMRGSTOP.F_CV = 0, AND (FIX32.CNC2.DI_ARI.F_11 = 0 OR FIX32.CNC2.A2_ARI.F_35 = 0) THEN I MUST:
writevalue "0", Fix32.CNC2.ZM441_I3_STOP.F_CV and
writevalue "1", Fix32.CNC2.ZM441_I3_STOP.F_CV

I hope it's clear enough for someone to helpme implementing it...

A schedule or a program block should work.
I would lean towards a program block because when iFix starts it could fire the schedule if the database hasn't updated with "live" data, unless you could live with a sleep instruction.

Program Block something like this.

Line 0 NUL
Line 1 If ZM441_O3_FUNCEMRGSTOP = 0 GOTO 3
Line 2 GOTO 0
Line 3 If DI_ARI_11 = 0 GOTO 7
Line 4 If A2_ARI.F_35 = 0 GOTO 7
Line 5 GOTO 0
Line 7 SETOUT CNC2.ZM441_I3_STOP 1
Line 8 SETOUT CNC2.ZM441_I3_STOP 0
Line 9 GOTO 0
Line 9 NUL

I had done exactly that, and I kept having error mesages, now I've figured out that to access to a single "bit" of a tag you don't write ir like A2_ARI.F_35
Instead, one must write
A2_ARI[35]

A subtle difference...

Well, now I'm going to see if this works. I'll let you know! Thanks!!!

I don't want to leave erroneous info on this forum. I said in my last post that A2_ARI[35] was the way to write the blocks address, well I'm not sure about it. I tested it but didn`t work either.
Hope that someone can help me.

Just in case I mention A2_ARI is an Analogue Register (AR) block.

Thanks!

Does anyone know how to make reference to the elements of an ANALOG REGISTER inside a PROGRAM BLOCK?

Example: If I want to set the second element of my AnalogReg with a push button, I write in the script of the button:

WriteValue "1", "Fix32.mynode.myAnalogReg.F_2"

But inside the ProgramBlock I CANNOT write:

SETOUT myAnalogReg.F_2 1

I really need to know how to make this as soon as possible.

thanks!