CLX and Sockets

I have a 1756EWEB card that will communicate with a PC (using the WinSock 6.0 control). I need to set it up using UDP. I can create the socket, and connect, which is visible through the browser pages on the card.
But whenever I issue the WriteSocket cmd via a MSG I get a parameter error in module configuration. No extended error code.
Can someone tell me where to put the ip address in the source element for this command. So I can stop using the connect.
Or what parameter is not set right?
Below is the data type config for the source tag. It's a carbon copy of the example in the manual.

Timeout DINT
ToAddr SockAddr
Family INT
Port INT
Addr DINT
Buffer STR_150
LEN DINT
DATA SINT[150]

Check knowledgebase
there are multiple examples for UDP
Also can you post exact error code?
even better if you post your code here

You should contact customer care center and or technical support and they will verify your KB access
There is no reason to develop something that is already done
I will take a look at your program later on

If you compare your application with UDP sample code from TN 32962:
- delete connect message - UDP does not need it
- in your write structure you need to set destination IP address and port.
- buffer size can't be 0 if you are sending data

I strongly recomend to use TN 32962 instead.

eweb.jpg

That's my original question. I realize that UDP does not need to make a connection. However, if I use it with the EWEB it will assign the IP address to that instance.
The address in the write tag structure is not a string data type and will not accept an ip address. If I change the data type to string in order to enter the address the message will error out.
I'll use the tech notes, but thanks anyway.

You need to convert IP address to 4-byte DINT value and enter it in ADDR field;
example 16#6464_5afe will represent 100.100.90.254

Last edited: