APS vs RSLogix 500

skywalker309

Hi guys. Let me explain it's a long story. I have a machine with a SLC 500 fixed controller and I need to make some changes in the logic. I can connect with it using Rslinx, then when I open RSLogix, it starts uploading the application, and it suddenly stop and shows a messages that says, decompiler unknow error. Then a guy in my work told me that it may do that because the program was edited using APS, and that it had a different structure, that I needed the original file first.

So I looked for it, and never found it, looks like every time a backup was made that machine was forgotten. Then I got the APS and I thought problem solve, but no.

Now the problem is that it seems I need an 1747-PIC interface, but we don't have that anymore, we only have the 1747-UIC and I don't know how to get online. I've searching on the Rockwell site but haven't found anything helpful. Thanks

43708 - Upload Utility : Unknown Decompiler Error cannot upload file from SLC 5/01, SLC 5/02, or SLC 500 Fixed Controllers.

Techconnect acce$$ . . .

The usual workaround for this old compiler issue is to use the AI-500 based Upload Utility (Knowledgebase Article 43708).

Since you actually do have APS (I think the last version was 6.0) you could try it too.

I know you can use the 1747-UIC with the AI-500 based Upload Utility. Another Knowledgebase article (67110) describes how to use the RSLinx driver (treat the 1747-UIC like a 1770-KF3/1747-KE) with AI-500 based software.

Last edited: