help understanding or writing a rs5000 project

spidermonkey

Ok we just got rs5000 at wok today. I am completely new to 5000 but have worker with 500 as well as plc 5. I just started watching the videos on start page about my first project.

My company is ordering a
controll logix plc (the sales guy said a brick unit)
analog output card
and a rtd input card
and a anolog input

what they are wanting to do is read the tempture of a water tank and ajust the drive on a fan motor to keep it on the setpoint

So the plan is having a 4 to 20 ma input from a redlion controler to show the set point and a rtd temp input
and just a 4 to 20 output to the drive.

any help would be apprecated I just dont even know where to start with it at all

let's see what we've got to work with ...

I am completely new to 5000 but have worker (worked?) with 500 as well as plc 5.

so - could you do the project with one of these older platforms? ... if so, do it that way ("on paper" so to speak) - and we'll help you convert it ...

and you'll need specific catalog numbers for the new hardware ... the more details we know, the more detailed help we can give you ...