Siemens PLC Step 7

sharmaji

Dear All,

I want to learn Siemens Step 7 . where Can i find application examples where it tells that How to make FB, FC, DB with live examples so that we can understand easily with plant conditions. How to make Integrator from 4-20 ma signal.

As We are installing S7-400 with Step 7. I am unfamiliar with the concept of DB, FB, FC can you provide some live examples so that the concept is clearer to all of us. Where to make DB, FC & FB etc.

It will be of immense help, please

When I started with Siemens what would have helped me would be to see how other people wrote a program. I was used to AB and GE and didn't know Siemens. What was missing was examples of how to do programs in Siemens.

That being said, the challenge is how to provide examples of Siemens programs that would make sense to you. Meaning if I gave you one of my programs and you didn't understand what the program was for, how useful would it be?

So, what I would suggest is you post a question asking how to do a specific thing in Siemens. Then- we will respond with examples of how it could be done.

You say: How to make Integrator from 4-20 ma signal.

What do you mean by this? Take an analog input and scale it and use it for PID, or what? When you ask specific questions you will get specific answers.

DEar Paul,

"So, what I would suggest is you post a question asking how to do a specific thing in Siemens. Then- we will respond with examples of how it could be done".

I totally agree with your line of Question.
Asevery plant has Motor ,Pumps,Conveyors,Flow meters,Pressure Trx ,Pr switches etc .

Suppose I have 25 Motors for Running 25 pumps. Hard wired logic is there in the panel. I have to Start it from PLC I will make a ladder logic .That much i can understand. But where from this DB, FC, & FB come into picture?? what is this concept???

Now we have Pressure Trx (4-20 mA) ,Flow Trx (4-20 mA ) Signal ,we have to add The two 4-20 Ma , .How come DB,FC,FB come into picture.what is the concept ? Plz ellobrate with one example.

Rgds

You have used four (4) days without even looking at material you were directed to and just repeat same question again and again. I don't think many are willing to help you much anymore, as you showed none work done by yourself.

Deal All,
May I take this Oppurnity to clear of this Conception "You have used four (4) days without even looking at material " .I am daily updating my self. But the big question is that the Siemens manaual are just like Holy Bible which needs patience to understand. Some people ,like me are not conversant with Techinical dictionary of Siemens,so we leave midway withour understanding. These formus gives a platform for us to ask very Specific Question .Hope You are able to understand my position. I am Sorry if I had mistaken your viewpoint.